Association for
Professionals in Aging

Resources for Healthcare Workers

• Friday, April 03, 2020 1:04 PM
    Message # 8877499
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

Good afternoon friends and colleagues,

I hope everyone is healthy and managing to find some joy in this very trying time.  

It would not surprise me if many of you with no history of mental illness may be experiencing some symptoms of depression and anxiety throughout this pandemic. There may be others who have a history of depression, anxiety, or mood disorders that notice an increase in symptoms through this time. I wanted to provide some suggestions and resources for wellness and normalize what many of you are experiencing.

I work for Mercy Behavioral Health and we have both adult and geriatric inpatient units that are open and taking admissions during this pandemic. I would be happy to discuss any potential referrals you may have. Feel free to reach out to me with questions and add your own resources to this list.

Thinking of all of you,

Emily S. Elma, LISW, CDP

Outreach Liaison

Senior Behavioral Health Services 

Mercy Health

Clermont Hospital

3000 Hospital Dr.

Batavia, Ohio 45103

e-mercy.com

513-735-7385 Office

513-735-7849 Fax

513-748-6759 Cell

eelma@mercy.com

NextGift Certificate for an Individual Session

Mindfulness with Mark: Free weekly classes online.

F795945D-82B8-4F4C-999B-870A79359C47_4_5005_c.jpeg

Mindfulness with Mark: Free weekly classes online.

A free weekly ONLINE mindfulness stress reduction class facilitated by Mark Levine, licensed independent chemical dependency counselor and certified life coach.

• Meets weekly online via Zoom Tuesday evenings from 6:30-7:00pm beginning April 7, 2020

• FREE (Really)

• No experience in mindfulness necessary.  (Some experience in stress may be helpful:-)

Here are some of the things we will discuss/learn

• Skills and techniques to decrease stress and anxiety.

• What is mindfulness and how to bring it into your life.

• Meditation- what it is and isn’t .  WE WILL MEDITATE!!

• Get your brain to work for you, instead of against you.

• The value of self-compassion (and what it is and isn’t)

• The latest neuroscience and resources to help you become less stressed, happier and bring your mind to peace, even in the midst of life’s storms (or pandemics).

• And probably more.  I’m not going to put out an agenda.  Each week I’ll prepare something that will build on the week before but not so much that you can’t join in at anytime.  Suggestions welcome!  Let’s learn and have fun and develop a community of mindful people, whether in the Cincinnati area or around the world.

1. Read the FAQs below for more information. 

2. Then come back here and click the Register for the Free Class button to sign up. 

3. Then click the shopping cart in the upper right corner to checkout.

4. Celebrate!

1 file
  • Friday, April 03, 2020 1:06 PM
    Reply # 8877500 on 8877499
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

www.coronavirusonlinetherapy.com

© 2024 Tristate APA
Association for Professionals in Aging, 7672 Montgomery Road, Suite 181, Cincinnati, OH 45236
 info@tristateapa.com

PRIVACY POLICY